Installation ist quite easy:
- If you haven’t done already, install the ReadyNAS extensions ToggleSSH and EnableRootSSH
- Copy the file to your ReadyNAS, preferrably to the /root directory using scp.
- Log on to the shell of your ReadyNAS using ssh as user “root”.
- Change to the / directory, eg “cd /”.
- Unpack the archive using “tar xzf /path/to/ncftp-3.2.1-ReadyNas.tar.gz”
All files will be unpacked to /usr/local, not overwriting any existing copies of the ncftp tools previously installed. To use the new version you may have to log out and log in again.
As always: Works for me, ymmv. If using this software breaks your ReadyNAS you own the parts.