SABnzbd and Python on the ReadyNAS
Since many ReadyNAS users seemed to have problems getting SABnzbd to run on their ReadyNAS, I decided to give it a try. The result:
To make those work, Python must be installed on the ReadyNAS as well. As usual, there’s Python for ReadyNAS (Intel) and Python for ReadyNAS (Sparc). Setup instructions:
- After installation of the add-on, SABnzbd’s web interface can be accessed by typing http://<ip of your NAS>:2708/ in your browser’s address field. You will be presented with the setup wizard:
SABnzbd setup wizard
- After choosing your language and clicking on “Start Wizard” you’ll be taken to the theme selection. I prefer the “Plush” theme but the choice is yours:
SABnzbd theme selection
- If you want to protect access to the SABnzbd web interface, enter the credentials on the next screen. Important: If you opt to use HTTPS here, the port on which the interface is accessible will change to :9090 once the wizard is finished!
Securing access to SABnzbd
- The next step is important. Enter the credentials to access your usenet providers news service. If you fail to enter proper credentials, the wizard will continue but you’ll be redirected to the wizard setup on each access to the web interface until the credentials work! (so: don’t use the ones from the screenshot, please. They won’t work.)
SABnzbd usenet account credentials
- If you have an account with one of the two listed nzb search engines, you can enter that on the next screen:
News Search Engine definitions
- Once the wizard is finished SABnzbd will restart itself. It will also present you with a screen where it tells you on what URL to find the web interface in case any of the port settings have changed.
- Once you made it to SABnzbd’s real web interface, you may wish to change the location of downloaded files.
SABnzbd Config Menu
- As you can see, SABnzbd will place files into the “download/complete” directory. Since this is already symlinked to your “Media” share, you may leave that as is. If, however, you want to change the location, make sure to use the “/c///..” syntax. Also check that the destination directory is accessible for the “admin” user because that’s the account SABnzbd is running under ony our ReadyNAS.
SABnzbd Storage Folder Definitions
- Have Fun!
Incoming search terms: